Re: Google Bans BMW!

> __/ [John Bokma] on Tuesday 07 February 2006 18:32 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Because Google is their homepage usually... it's equally painful to
>>> mouse the mouse to the browser's address bar.
>>
>> Ctrl+L (Firefox)
>
> Try to tell this to people whose inclination is to use Google's
> homepage as an address bar...
>
> "What's control? I'm not controlling Al? That's bull!"
>
> ALT+D applies to a greater poportion of users worldwise, but Netscape
> (going back to 4 at the least)

Didn't know about Alt+D. Most of the time I know the key presses
automatically, but can't recall which combination I use :-D

> have chosen to go with CTRL+L. It's a
> conflict in terms of keybinding conventions. Not to mention duplicable
> teriminology that contributes to further user confusion, e.g.
> Bookmarks-Favourites, Directory-Folder...

Yup, personally I think favorite and folder are better names.

--
John                  Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/

Perl RSS feed builder: http://johnbokma.com/perl/rss-web-feed-builder.html