Re: Is Google doing a big update now?

  • Subject: Re: Is Google doing a big update now?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:06:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Big Bill] on Thursday 09 February 2006 12:27 \__

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:53:24 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> <jaggillarfotboll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>"Big Bill" <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet

I think not, but many Webmasters wait for the PageRank update impatiently.

>>> They're rebuilding the datacentres. You have to wonder if this isn't
>>> all a big preparatory thing for them bringing all that dark fibre
>>> online in some arcane form or other.

Any reference? I think it's far to early to even be conceivable.

>>Do you mean that this will affect the ranking to a large extent?
>
> I doubt it will affect it to a huge extent. There may be some
> shuffling around though.

Touch at the ranking would enrage many Webmasters, so if Google ever shuffle,
they will do it progressively. Ranks have been 'built' and stabilised over
several years and they will not be 'flushed' any time soon.

>>By the way, Altavista seems to have updated my website a few days ago..
>
> That just means they up-dated their index. No biggie.

I assume that they only updated their index. They can't update your site
directly. Mind you, very few people still use AV. Most Google haters aim for
Yahoo.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  1:00pm  up 23 days  8:16,  11 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.24, 0.19