Re: Speculation: Apple to Buy Palm

It is alleged that Roy Schestowitz claimed:

> I wonder how this sits with the Japanese group (Access) that bought
> PalmSource. Also I wonder how it all affects Palm's migration to the Linux

I don't think it should matter to them at all, so long as Palm, even if
under new ownership, continues to license the PalmOS.  This should
bother them a lot less than Palm's recent release of the 700w running
WindowsMobile.

> kernel. What a confused company, which seems to leave its loyal customers in
> the dark.

Palm and PalmSource are two different companies and have been for a
while now.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"I don't know how long we can hold the fort here, but as long as we
can, you're welcome here."  "Thank you."  (Capt. Sheridan and Major
Ryan, B5 "Severed Dreams")