Re: Microsoft Feel the Pinch and React

On 2006-02-10, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Microsoft today announced it will indemnify customers of its embedded
> operating system products more fully against legal threats involving
> intellectual property (IP). The move is seen by top embedded analysts as
> evidence that Microsoft views Linux and open source as its main competition
> in the embedded arena.

 What's funny is that it's never been needed for Linux. But it has come
up for Microsoft products:

 http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/136/030220timeline/

 And, in a quote sure to peg the irony meter:

 "It's important to note that Timeline has a history throughout this
case of presenting issues to create uncertainty among our customers,"
said Microsoft spokesman Jim Desler.

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

 "When your [profit] margins are more sensitive to Bill Gates'
    pricing whims than they are the price of oil, that's an
       untenable position for a large company to be in."
      -- John Chapman Sr., BP Amoco Technology Executive