Re: site critique please

__/ [John Bokma] on Saturday 11 February 2006 01:58 \__

> "Mike" <cigarmikeBAND@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all:
>>
>> Please take a look at http://textfairy.com/
>>
>> I would like input about the navigation, if you know what this is for
>> when you first see it, if it sells itself, if you know what to do once
>> on the site.. things like that.
>>
>> All comments welcome. I'm just trying to see if there are any obvious
>> things I've missed before making it live.

Validation test raised 53 errors (W3 validator)

> "Send a personal text " make that a link
> "send an alert"
> Need help and have a question too

There is an overlap which involves "Send a personal text to anyone
for free with our easy-to-use tool." and its adjacent image (Firefox 1).

> No need to make them blue with a line under it, but distinguish them
> sufficient to show that they are links.

I'll second that. I didn't realise it was a link until John raised it. It can
be easily missed.

> Big logo needs anti-aliassing

Only the textual part of it. How was it rendered, I wonder...

> Have you ever....
> ...left your headlights on?
>
> ...lost your dog?
>
> ...missed out on a great party?
>
> Have you is to close to the next line IMO
>
> Grey text is hard to read (small one)

I can't say that I agree in this case.

> Firefox 1.5.0.1

I keep postposing that daunting day of the upgrade. Too much functionality is
unsupported. Backward compatibility is somewhat lacking. The half-baked Deer
Park put me off too (twice).

Try to fit the page into a typical screen size. With height set to about 800
pixels in the browser window, I get a scroll bar, which obscures the footer.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
  4:40am  up 24 days 23:56,  10 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.73, 0.52