Re: Not on an M$ computer? Sorry, no grant money for you!

  • Subject: Re: Not on an M$ computer? Sorry, no grant money for you!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 04:31:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [Karl Groves] on Monday 13 February 2006 18:08 \__

> "Dan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1139853209.939415.282360
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

>> Karl Groves wrote:
>>> Not on an M$ computer? Sorry, no grant money for you!
>>> Nothin like hiring professionals!
>>> http://smallerurl.com/?id=1ai641i
>>
>> Ridiculous... do those elaborate, expensive, incompatible "packages"
>> actually do anything that couldn't have been accomplished with plain
>> 'ol 1994-style HTML forms, compatible with all browsers and systems?
>>

> Definitely not. I just went there and there's really nothing, from an
> interface standpoint, that should give such trouble.

The visitor can easily spoof user-agent, but try to explain this to any
amateur computer user. The solution is perhaps to use Opera. They think of
everything.

What I find least acceptable is that such sites work perfectly fine in all
modern browser. They are often denied at the gate just for who/what they
are.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: most popular O/S, yet not most widespread
  4:25am  up 27 days 23:26,  13 users,  load average: 1.15, 0.88, 0.72