Re: Vista Welcome Screen to Contain Ads

__/ [B Gruff] on Tuesday 14 February 2006 19:38 \__

http://www.adrants.com/2006/02/microsoft-faces-obstacles-over-vista-welc.php

> Refresh my memory....
>
> ...am I not correct in thinking that when Windows 95 was introduced, it
> included "sign-up" features for ISP accounts with AOL and MSN?  Did these
> not appear as desktop icons?
>
> Perhaps my memory plays me false....?

I think this depended on your hardware vendor. They pre-installed Windows and
most probably pushed the prices down by signing deals with third-parties and
some ISP's. I still had that with my Compaq Presario, which ran Windows 98
(the hardware could never handle more).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
  7:40pm  up 28 days 14:41,  12 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.77, 0.78