Media Redefines Security

    "Malicious worm aims to bite Apple"

    "A OS X myth is shattered to pieces"

               - Silicon Valley Sleuth

However:

"I?m sorry to report that it?s not a virus, it?s a trojan, and it does not
spread. The trojan poses as a compressed file, and when you double click on
it, you need to enter your administrator password to activate it. Not really
what I would call a virus. This is something that a total ass hat would be
able to program in Applescript in about ten minutes. I?m certain that we
will see a virus that actually works under Mac OS X sooner or later, but
this is not it. So I guess that companies like Sophos needs to hype up
something else to sell their products."

     http://www.jackenhack.com/blog/archives/2006/02/17/alarm-report/

You know what this means, don't you? If someone was to chmod and then execute
a malicious script (as root) on Linux, the media would be all over it with
hyped-up statements.