Re: Advent laptop CMOS

__/ [ 2pods ] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 19:12 \__

> My partner's oldish Advent P3 1gz 256mb has started to show messages "the
> CMOS battery is low" and goes straight into setup.
>
> Anyone know the type, location, and where I can get one ?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter

Merely any decent-sized electronics shop should stock these. Pull out the
battery off the motherboard (be very careful) and bring it to a local shop
such as Maplin (tolerate the one-time highstreet ripoff) or RS Components.

Frankly, such batteries are rarely replaced and their capacity is usually
sufficient for the whole lifetime of a computer, i.e. before it becomes
legacy hardware. I guess timestamps are important enough to your partner and
that startup nag is no joy either.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  7:40am  up 4 days 19:59,  10 users,  load average: 1.02, 0.74, 0.63