Re: Microsoft Surrenders to the EU Bully

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 17:57 \__

> "Last month Microsoft caved in and opened up the source code of its
> Windows Server operating system, in an effort to appease the European
> Union and avoid a possible 2 million euro per day fine...
>
> "As we know from history appeasement does not work. When you try to
> bribe the school bully he comes back the next day. Of course, unlike
> some others, Microsoft is helpless before this bully and cannot really
> do anything but comply or fight the court battles...."
>
> http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/830

Bully is a bad analogy here because it makes Microsoft seem weak and
innocent. It is more like a mischievous kid and a school teacher.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  5:55pm  up 4 days  6:14,  8 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.58, 0.46