Re: Banned from Google or something wrong

> __/ [ BT ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 11:33 \__
>
> > Hi all
>

> Hi BT,
>

> > in a past 6 months I was checking the organic ranking of a web site .
The
> > site is in lodging industry in Europe and it was ranked on first pages
of
> > Google and Yahoo organic search for a few important keywords.
> > The AdWords was used for first 2-2.5 months and it was ranked on top for
> > most important keywords.
>

> If you are liaising with AdWords, then surely you will be ranked well.
> Moreover, new sites are said to be well-ranked at the start, as some sort
of
> a 'grace period'. Some would deny the existence of such 'sandboxes', but I
> actually saw it happening a few weeks back when I added a new page to a
> very, very dire and static search engine results page.
>

> > Now when I check the ranking, of web site, on organic search on Google
and
> > Yahoo, it has dissapeared or is on 10th-15th page search page. In the
mean
> > time nothing was changed on the pages , not much content added (it is a
> > description and reservation pages of a hotel).
>

> It sounds as though the above observation is a plausible cause.
>

> > My question is: is it possible that someone is doing something againist
> > this site and that Google is banning the site or just gives bad rankin
in
> > organic searh for importang keywords? Is it possible that the
competition
> > is doing something bad (or just not enough positive or new content added
on
> > site) ???
>

> If Google bans a site, it's banned. It's inexistent and requires a
> re-inclusion request to ever appear among the search results again. I
think
> the key questions are: have you been using organic content, which is not
> intended for human readers? This could lead to penalties and give backing
> abuse reports from your competitors.
>

> > Thanks all
>

> Many things are possible and giving us the URL and the key phrases would
be
> helpful. *smile*
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Right Roy ,
didn't know if posting a web address is ok .

This is Hotel Excelsior's web page in Dubrovnik, Croatia ,
http://www.hotel-excelsior.hr
key phrases are: dubrovnik hotels, croatia hotels, luxury hotel dubrovnik,
not much  text on it but trying to go on with this phrases

Any advice what to do now, some changes, adding content, give more links on
travel somewhere, link exchange, submit to more engines, start AdWords or
other PPC, what to optimize?
Many thanks
BT