Re: Google's Nutty PR Update...

  • Subject: Re: Google's Nutty PR Update...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:36:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul B ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 15:04 \__

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:53:48 +0000 (UTC), James Helliwell
> <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Sam wrote:
>>> I've got sites that lost tons of backlinks months ago that went up in
>>> pagerank now and sites that gained tons of high pr backlinks months ago
>>> that went down in pagerank. I think google needs to invest some of their
>>> stock profits in new software.
>>>
>>> On top of that the company that's kicking butt at my serp now are the
>>> net's biggest spammers who buy tons of domain names and link farm them
>>> and hire lots of people to sign up with free web hosts and link farm
>>> together. Nothing like google following its own guidelines. Want to see
>>> an example of this companies way of getting backlinks and link
>>> popularity that google approves of and really loves? Check this site
>>> out:
>>>
>>> http://www.xforms-wiki.com/bin/view/TWiki/StartingPoints
>>
>>This link Farm thing is pissing me off a bit as site I don't link to as
>>they have 1000's of links nothing to do with me do seem to do well in
>>the serps..
>>
>>Its due to the fact that it abut anchor text in the link

> The cached page is totally different too.
> plh
> Paul

No algorithm which is based on links can ever work. Google can make it
tougher to break, but brute force will always win and punish innocent,
honest sites that stand in the way.

Like Zeldman once said, people used to throw out bottles out of their cars
because it was easier. Some years later they realised that this mess they
had created was backfiring. It was time to change strategy and clean up (the
Web). He said that in the context of Web standards, but this can clearly be
generalised.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  3:30pm  up 5 days  3:49,  8 users,  load average: 1.37, 0.72, 0.48