Re: Mirroring website without wget?

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:dthjmi$mhf$4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> __/ [ SteveN ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 10:35 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>>
>>> scp, ftp, among more. Are you *mirroring* a site or just *scraping*
>>> it? Is it /your/ site?
>>
>> No, it's not my site, and it doesn't have ftp access.  I want to copy
>> images from it, and although I could browse it manually, and copy the
>> images from my browser's cache, it is just so time-consuming.
>

> It doesn't sounds as though what you are trying to do is legitimate or
> ethical.

I'm afraid I disagree - I am correctly registered at the site in
question, and have 'proper' access to all the pages I need, but I just
want to automate the process.

> wget -r -l3 -H -t3 -nd -N -np -N -np -A.jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.png,.bmp
> -erobots=off -i list_of_sites.txt
>
> Hope it helps,

Thanks for that - also I'll have a good rummage round the logs and all
the log-in options.  I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Thanks.

--
Steve
Remove N from email address to reply