Re: [Article] Baidu jumps after strong earnings

__/ [ canadafred ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 16:18 \__

>> __/ [ Paul B ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 15:02 \__
>>
>>> From : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4738846.stm
>
>> Good lads. Wikipedia at number 1, but I wonder what happens when searching
>> from a Chinese proxy/IP...
>
> I wonder if it has to do with the language used in the search, if I type in
> democracy+massacre+tiananmen in www.google.cn provides seemingly objective
> results. Some of the web sites in the first SERP almost appear to be
> pro-democracy. For example the first result :
> http://cryptome.cn/tk/tiananmen-kill.htm ( warning : very graphic ).
>
> I wonder what would happen if I typed in the Chinese words in characters
> equivalent to the search query in English words.

I am getting the same results as you over here, but google.cn results are not
identical to results from google.co.uk.

Results might be delivered differently by IP address.

On the contrary, compare

http://images.google.com/images?q=+tiananmen

with

http://images.google.cn/images?q=+tiananmen

As for the language you use to search for a particular term, I'm afraid I
don't know the answer. However, the above implies that not only language has
an impact. IP needn't play a role either.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  4:55pm  up 5 days  5:14,  8 users,  load average: 2.31, 1.78, 1.29