Re: AJAX Patent Granted

__/ [ hug ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 14:45 \__

>>__/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Thursday 23 February 2006 08:25 \__

>>> Oh great one! Impart upon us some wisdom and tell us what it all means?
>>
>>See the following:
>>
>>http://www.aviransplace.com/index.php/archives/2006/02/22/us-grants-patent-for-ajax/
>>
>><quote>
>>The patent?issued on Valentine?s Day?covers all rich-media technology
>>implementations, including Flash, Flex, Java, Ajax, and XAML, when the
>>rich-media application is accessed on any device over the Internet,
>>according to the patent holders.
>>
>>A patent has been granted to a relatively unknown California Web-design
>>firm for an invention its creator says covers the design and creation of
>>most rich-media applications used over the Internet. The patent holder,
>>Balthaser Online Inc., says it could license nearly any rich-media Internet
>>application across a broad range of devices and networks.
>></quote>
>
> Too damn bad for them that rich-media internet applications came along
> before their silly-assed patent and they didn't invent squat any more
> than Al Gore invented the internet, it'll be a hoot watching the
> retarded legal system scratch its pointy little head before throwing
> their first case out.  If the legal system plays their game, I'll need
> to patent the use of oxygen for combatting suffocation.

What do you mean??? Al Gore did not invent the Internet? But he said so. To
quote:

Gore: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet." (CNN's 'Late Edition')

Source: http://www.sethf.com/gore/

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
  3:20pm  up 6 days  3:39,  8 users,  load average: 1.04, 0.42, 0.20