Re: Some advice here please guys...

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Friday 24 February 2006 09:11 \__

> Remember I said I was getting all these visitors that I couldn't work
> out where they come from? They come from here
>
> http://images.google.<snip>

I told you. *smile* Remember I mentioned image search?

> it looks like a cache of my old link to allposters. Or something. It's
> weird and unwelcome, whatever it is. There's millions of them and of
> course the majority just go to my custom 404 which expains things a
> bit and suggests folk visit my new poster site. A hell of a lot of
> visitors don't, however. I want to get rid of all of these, how do we
> think I should go about this?

You could set up a redirection, either in Apache (equivalents) or in the
page. For example, how about you exclaim that the page is no longer existent
and that the user will be redirected to the appropriate site shortly? For
example:

<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=http://allposter.com";>
    <TITLE>Page No longer valid</TITLE>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY BGCOLOR=EEEEEE>
    <H1>Redirection</H1>
here</a></p>
  </BODY>
</HTML>

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  9:15am  up 6 days 21:34,  8 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.54, 0.54