Re: Why is my page displayed differently on Mac vs. PC browsers?

__/ [ Michael Levin ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 02:50 \__

> I have a very simple page, which shows 3 Quicktime movies in a table. I
> think I'm using just standard simple HTML. In Netscape or Safari on a Mac,
> they look fine. In Internet Explorer on a PC, the bottom of the movies are
> cut off (size issues with the table cells). Could someone look at the html
> here
>
> http://server.drmichaellevin.org/worm_supplement.html
>
> and tell me why this is different on different platforms?
>
> If you don't want to go to the URL, the code is this:

> <head>
> <title>Untitled Document</title>
> </head>

> CONTROLLER=true LOOP=true
> PLUGINSPAGE=http://www.apple.com/quicktime/";></td>
> CONTROLLER=true LOOP=true
> PLUGINSPAGE=http://www.apple.com/quicktime/";></td>
> CONTROLLER=true LOOP=true
> PLUGINSPAGE=http://www.apple.com/quicktime/";></td>
>
> Thanks in advance!

If I recall correctly, Internet Explorer does not interpret "height"
correctly. But then again, I am not sure that "height" within a <td> is
legal either. I have been through that frustration testing loop before. Rest
assured that Internet Explorer is on its way out.

"For quite a while now my main browser has been the open source Mozilla
Firefox browser. But in the interests of fairness, when the public IE7
beta came out I quickly downloaded it and started trying to use it as
my primary browser. I was anxious to see if the newly threatened
Microsoft could turn out something better than the fox. And the answer
is... No, at least not yet..."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=15

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
  8:55am  up 7 days 21:14,  9 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.25, 0.19