Re: Opera

__/ [ Nog ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 13:41 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Ed Hurst ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 04:18 \__

>>> It can on my machine.
>>
>> Same here. Which version of Opera? How did you install it?
>
> I just upgraded to 8.52. Used Kpackage.
> 8.51 was installed with  yast. It did the same thing. It will save to a
> directory but if you try to import a bookmark file or save as, it says it
> can't read the directory tree.
> Try your import and export thing/ import netscape/firefox. Get any
> messages?

I installed Opera by decompressing a large collection of files that contained
the executables. I did this as soon as Opera became free.

I have just attempted to reproduce the error:

*Going to Bookmarks

*File -> Import and Export -> Export Opera Bookmarks. All is well.

*Import worked fine as well. No inconsistencies, no lossiness.

I suggest you try to install Opera using a different route. It took me just
minutes and was a click-and-drop job. Remember to preserve and keep in tact
your /opera settings folder.

As general advice, change your Display Name. It will rarely get you any
helpful answers and will strike the nerves of less tolerant or trigger-happy
readers.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
  3:35pm  up 8 days  3:55,  9 users,  load average: 1.29, 0.99, 0.69