Blueflame Finds Linux To be Cost Effective

Rackspace Helps Blue Flame Migrate To Linux

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/187470.htm

<quote>
Binn says the company's old Solaris environment worked fine, but Red Hat
Enterprise Linux has opened doors for the company. "We found this was easier
and cheaper for our use. We have a very tightly woven application, and
because of the way we have to integrate with our large corporate customers,
we wanted something that just provided the base infrastructure. Linux was
open and cost effective.

"In moving to an open source environment, we found that JBoss, Apache, and
MySQL were the way to go. We found that by lowering our cost per unit, we
could have far more equipment at the same cost, with better upgrade paths
and larger failover protect
</quote>