Re: Firefox profiles

  • Subject: Re: Firefox profiles
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:12:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ SmakDaddy ] on Sunday 26 February 2006 00:56 \__

> "Bruce Lee" <blah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "SmakDaddy" <smakdaddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Bruce Lee" <blah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> get
>> > the
>> > >

>> > C:\Documents and Settings\*** Your User***\Application Data\Mozilla
>> > See what you've got under Profiles.
>> >

>> the profile is there it's just not getting loaded by firefox. i've had to
>> import them manually from backup bookmark html files
>>

> Try this.
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_in_use

Start the fresh installation of Firefox. If it doesn't pick up the old
profile, let it create a new one. Close all active Firefox sessions.
Overwrite the newsly-created profile with the contents of the old profile
and start Firefox. This should definitely work, even if you have a newer
version of FIrefox, e.g. an upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.5.x.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  1:05am  up 8 days 13:24,  9 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.67, 1.22