Re: laptop cd/dvd drive failing

  • Subject: Re: laptop cd/dvd drive failing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:13:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [ C ] on Monday 27 February 2006 14:00 \__

> > > my two year old fujitsi siemens amilo D  laptop cd/dvd drive is failing
> > > (read and writing troubles) and a cannot find any useful info on the
> > > fujitsu siemens site about repairs or replacements
> > >
> > > does any one here know where i can get fujitsu spares for older models
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> >
> > does any one here know where i can get fujitsu spares for older models
>
> not a big fan of second hand electronics
>
> cheers anyway

...Then you might be better off buying an external drive as such. You will
not find brand new components that are not second hand. Moreover, even if
you did, they would probably come with an entire faulty/fully-functional
laptop, which can be expensive.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:10pm  up  10:21,  9 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.57, 0.57