Re: Smarter blogspammers?

__/ [John Bokma] on Monday 02 January 2006 07:03 \__

> fup-to: alt.www.webmaster
>
> Today I got the following blogspam (let's call it blam for short :-D):
>
> Alex
> http://www. online -*pok e rrat* ings.info/
> Badly with scripts. Not the convenient interface. And so a site
> interesting and useful. Has come, was surprised with quantity of the
> information. Has added in the selected works, and I suggest you to
> exchange references. In advance thanks, write
>
> Either Alex had a few drinks too much and is still celebrating, or this is
> some kind of "smart" blamming system :-D.
>
> Is anyone here seeing similar garbage coming in? I have the bad feeling
> that bots now scan google for: comments keyword, and somehow create up
> stuff like above.

There's a lot of junk, which sometimes cannot even be explained. Don't even
try. What is the subject of the post? Some spammers include the page title
in their post (automated of course) in desparate attempt to make it seem
like it's relevant, on-topic and vaguely related to the content. Some of
them nick a sentence or two from the post. It sounds like Alex is just
mentally disturbed, but the URL is mystifying. Maybe he's just trying to
mess with your head. *LOL*