Re: Alexa Internet archive crawler gone wild?

__/ [Jill L.] on Tuesday 03 January 2006 17:51 \__

> On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 04:57:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>What's  the  benefit of permitting Alexa to crawl though? Having the  site
>>archived  for someone to look back at deleted content in the future?  Have
>>we not learned the lesson yet?
>>
>>http://web.archive.org/web/20021030152640/www-db.stanford.edu/~sergey/photos/drag96.jpg
>>
>>Roys
>
> I assume that would be a cross dressing googlemeister if it was
> available?   It's been removed form the archive....
>
> ..I would also imagine a google image search for < drag96.jpg > would
> turn up the same thing.
>
> Jill

Oh, dear! It's true. Sergei's cleaning up. Google Images was filled with
mirrors of that image a few months ago. Anyhoo....

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/05/21/yahoo-sponsors-google/

There are certain territories that Google's hand can never reach.