Re: Dream Weaver

  • Subject: Re: Dream Weaver
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:40:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [mbstevens] on Tuesday 03 January 2006 15:15 \__

> Nowhere wrote:
>> Making a small web site/page. Is it any good? How do you use it? Thanks.
>>

> First you buy Dreamweaver.
> Then you spend as much time as you would learning (X)HTML learning it.
> Then you make your page with it.
> Then you learn (X)HTML.
> Then you message Dreamweaver's output using your new skills.
>
> Or:
>
> Download a good template.
> Teach yourself (X)HTML by modifying it a few lines at a time.
> Invest the time you've saved learning a server side language.

Good answer. I learned this as a teenager, initially using Word to produce
HTML output. Massaging such 'output' is a task considerably more daunting.
It is also highly time-consuming and helps you realise why WYSIWYG can never
work. It  can hinder your progress and productivity at best.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  9:35am  up 24 days 16:46,  8 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.28, 0.51