Re: Google jamming Yahoo again

__/ [bigswing] on Wednesday 04 January 2006 17:31 \__

> If they do it enough they think people will sign up
> with Google instead of Yahoo.
> Not me, Never.
> Maybe they can steal employees from Microsoft
> but I will never use their services.
> Yahoo is the best and we will just have to put
> up with Googles attacks for awhile until Yahoo can prove it like
> Microsoft did.

I actually tested the 'Yahoo water' earlier today (metaphorically-speaking
of  course), but they were turbit. Their ranking of results are utter rub-
bish,  worse  than  MSN perhaps. They not only fail to crawl as  much  Web
space  (judging by the number of term matches), but they also fail to rank
the results properly.

Yahoo are nowhere near Google and, if you opt to use Yahoo SERP's, you are
hindering  yourself. This hindrance, whether it is scrolling and  bouncing
between  pages  or conferring imprecise and misleading  information,  will
lead  you  nowhere.  That's truly how I feel about it. I  used  Webcrawler
(they  "harvest  some Google") until 2-3 years ago before I  suddenly  re-
alised that their Google component was all I truly needed.

In  summary, suit your own preferences, but be aware that a certain search
engines is shown time and time again, by many independent studies, to pro-
vide better results. Ethics are an entirely different matter and time will
tell if more people will turn their back on Google, just as you have.