Re: THE Print Shop: Linux Drivers Made Easy

  • Subject: Re: THE Print Shop: Linux Drivers Made Easy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 04:31:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [John A. Bailo] on Saturday 07 January 2006 01:36 \__

> Au79 wrote:
>> ABC News - USA
>>
>> A small but growing percentage of computer users today reap the benefits
>> that Linux offers: cost savings, improved security, and more flexible,
>> customized ...
>>
>> <http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/PCWorld/story?id=1468687>
>
> Wow!
>
> My jaw dropped open reading that -- not only is it in PC World -- its in
> "ABC News"
>
> Linux?
> ABC News?
>
> Can you say /mainstream/ ?

When will it be (MS)NBC? They have recently broken the alliance. The media is
still skewed in Apple's and Microsoft's direction. Many still perceive Linux
as the bad neighbourhood, primarily due to FUD. The film industry and the
papers may occasionally show you the Mac, but rarely will they give a sneak
peek into Linux.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
  4:25am  up 27 days 11:36,  14 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.69, 0.59