Re: 25 Reasons to Convert to Linux

__/ [Aragorn] on Sunday 15 January 2006 01:55 \__

> On Sunday 15 January 2006 02:51, Technomage Hawke stood up and spoke the
> following words to the masses in /comp.os.linux.advocacy...:/
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> It also contains the lies and immaturity that are
>>> the hallmark of Linux "advocates".
>>
>> you make so much of this that I begin to wonder where your loyalties
>> lie....
>
> His loyalties lie with Microsoft, as everyone on this newsgroup already
> knows.

Having seen some pathetic habits of his, I wouldn't bother with him. I am
more inclined to verbally challenge Windows 'power users' (very few of them
exist), whose knowledge of Linux extends beyond a 5-minute spin with Red Hat
9. Notice that the challenger here did not confute anything in the article,
but targetted personality instead.

> He also refuses to face facts, to accept any criticism regarding
> Microsoft or Windows, and he's a self-acclaimed white supremacist - and
> that is the main reason why he's in my /killfile./

I never saw evidence of that, but I take your word (also reflected in the NG
stats). I only ever read what Wintrolls have to say if they reply to me.

>> I particularly like the following
>> short article which is titled "Five reasons NOT to use Linux" (sarcastic).
>>
>> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS8124627492.html
>>
>> If you haven't read it, I assure you it's a fun read.
>
> It is sarcastic.  And bogus.  And silly.  Just
> more of the immature ranting we've all come to
> expect from Linux users.

I rest my case.