Re: GNU and Communism--Labeling for the Dumb and the Dumber

> Excellent article:
>
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2006011400526OPCYLL
>
> (Labelling as a weapon to discriminate against OSS)

The author rails against the jingoisms used against linux and indulges
in the popular OSS jingoisms at the same time!  Such a two-faced effort
is applauded by the COLA folk who are blinded to the fact!  LOL!!!

"Standard Oil's quasi-monopolistic position had been established through
aggressively anti-competitive business practices, including a systematic
program of purchasing competitors or running them out of business by any
means necessary, legal or otherwise."
Hmm, sounds familiar, huh? I can't put my finger on it, but it makes me
think of a certain software giant. Anyway, I think there are few people
that consider price fixing, bid rigging, and market allocation schemes
"one of the biggest democratic forces." "

As if any such charges had ever been made against old Mister Softee!