Re: The BBC and WGA

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Tuesday 04 July 2006 23:20 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <4h06qlF1luajlU3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> My word.... the interesting bit is all those people who have nothing
>> but praise for my friends at Microsoft....

>> Great publicity for my favourite S/W company.....
>
> I loved this bit:
>
>     Michala Alexander, head of anti-piracy for Microsoft, in the UK,
>     said the tool had been a huge success in countering piracy.

Says who again? Success for the customers?

>     "Customers have been crying out for a tool which could tell them
>     if they have been duped," she said.

This is ridiculous. "Crying out"?

>     But she admitted that the company could have been a bit more "open
>     and honest" about the pilot tool when it was launched.

There is a word going on about how Apple phones home as well, but no tools
are installed behind the users' backs... tools that now compromise one's
box, I might as well add.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
  7:05am  up 68 days 12:08,  11 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.59, 0.86