Re: [News] Schneier: Compulsory WGA Could Help Linux

 Every once in a while, even a historically lame troll comes up with
something that's almost reasonable - usually a half-truth. So, what
the heck, let's fill in the other half:

On 2006-07-01, Aunty Diluvian <AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The success or failure of Linux will not be decided by it's merit
> but by the success or failure of an opposing company.

 It was ever thus. Like IBM failed and gave Microsoft the desktop.
But see my .sig...

> If it's success depends on the failure of it's competition
> how long will it take before someone comes up with
> another better choice leaving Linux behind again?

 If something came along that beat Linux on its merits, I'd be happy to
switch. Not holding my breath, but 'never' is a pretty short time in
computer terms.

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                         (313) 227-2317

 "Choice, flexibility and cost are really the driving factors [for
 Linux adoption]. And Microsoft would have to stop being Microsoft
          to ever compete with that combination." - emkey