Re: [News] New French Law Ends Vendor Lockin (Apple DRM)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 05 July 2006 14:53 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> espoused:

>>> Agreed.  The major content industries (i.e. record labels) seem
>>> determined to kill their own market.  When you start treating your
>>> own customers as the enemy, you set yourself on the path to slow
>>> death.
>>
>> Small-scale cons rely on enough new, innocent, punters to continue
>> working.  Large-scale ones lose that approach to sustainability.
>
> Speaking of DRM and apathy that is directed at record labels:
>
> http://www.parti-pirate.info/?page_id=17
>
>         French Pirate Party is born!
>
> There have been talks about this for a while... not just in France. Nice
> move, Hollywood /et al/.

Excellent!  This is precisely the kind of movement which I believe will
always be a result of too many conditions on people.

Superb!  C'est precisement la sorte de mouvement qui je sois vais tous
le temps etre la resultat de trop de conditions sur les peuples!

(apologies to real french speakers!)

Barbie says, Take quaaludes in gin and go to a disco right away!
But Ken says, WOO-WOO!!  No credit at "Mr. Liquor"!!