Re: [News] 99 Steps Improve Performance of Windows

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Thursday 06 July 2006 14:30 \__

> On 2006-07-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Beginners Guides: 99 Performance Tips for Windows XP
>>
>> http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1590
>
>  Um, a lot of the Microsoft stuff you post is relevant from a business
> perspective, but I gotta ask what relation this has to Linux advocacy?

I was hoping this would show how 'simple' it is to use Windows. Moreover, it
demonstrates the need to speed up an already bloated O/S, which gets more
and more bloated over time. I posted something similar in relation to
preparation for malware. These maintenance tasks are often taken for
granted, neglected fully (ultimately leading to disaster) or assigned to
some other volunteer.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  3:10pm  up 69 days 20:13,  11 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.49, 1.04