Re: EU commissioner says Microsoft fine inevitable

  • Subject: Re: EU commissioner says Microsoft fine inevitable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:19:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 06 July 2006 13:54 \__

> Quote:
> -------------
>  BERLIN, July 6 (Reuters) - The European Union's Competition
> Commissioner Neelie Kroes said on Thursday she could see no alternative
> to fining U.S. software giant Microsoft (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile,
> Research) for breaching the bloc's antitrust rules. Asked whether
> Microsoft would be fined for failing to comply with an antitrust
> decision, Kroes told reporters in Berlin: "I couldn't imagine another
> way."
> --------------
> End quote

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/QuoteCompanyNewsArticle.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-07-06T084544Z_01_L06884592_RTRIDST_0_EU-MICROSOFT-UPDATE-1.XML&rpc=66

There is even more to come.

        EU Antitrust Commissioner Says More Fines Will Be Levied Against Microsoft

        http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060706/germany_eu_microsoft.html?.v=2

Let us not forget Korea's antitrust as well.

Maybe they'll get fined until they choke or get their act together once and
for all (then losing, of course).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall SuSE to figure out the magic