Re: Ubuntu Wins 2006 World Class Award from PC World

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Friday 07 July 2006 14:15 \__

> On Friday 07 July 2006 13:44 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> There's a certain cycle here, I think. smile You and Gruff are reading
>> Groklaw regularly and this is a link that I sent PJ earlier this morning
>> (thanks again for getting me in the right direction).
>
> Heh:-)  So you have just realised who sends PJ all her fan mail?:-)
>
> Seriously, you are dead right - I keep GROKLAW open in a tab all the time.
> Started because I was fascinated (a year or more ago) by the SCO case, and
> then realised that the site was quick with news items as well.
> I wonder just how much influence on public awareness that site has had,
> particularly re. SCO and ODF?

With Alexa rank hoovering around 10,000, I have always estimated 10,000+
visits per day. She knows that Microsoft try to discourage
traffic(=influence) and FUD (erode the reputation of) her Web site, much as
they do with online forums (e.g. COLA) and Slashdot. They create
stereotypes, just as they did/do with GPL/GNU/Linux (cancer, buggy,
undependable, badly documented, immature, et cetera).

It is often a battle of character, which is important to business clients
more than anything else (long-term vitality is also important). I bet your
ass (perdon the phrase) they still have some guys in suits with tablet shown
in their Web sites, Never mind malware and s*ite.  Windows=sophistication,
assuming you spend enough money in advertising(=brainwashing).
Apple='trendiness' because Apple is rarely targetted at the enterprise, if
ever.

By the way, remember how Microsoft attempted character assassination of PJ?
This was recently mentioned in COLA. I passed it on to her. I still wonder
how many COLA trolls are in cahoot.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  2:20pm  up 70 days 19:23,  12 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.04, 0.17