Re: [News] $39.99 for Complete Ubuntu Linux System (inc. Monitor, Peripherals)

John Bailo wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Mind the fact that it's US-based and P&P is rather steep. Wonder if
shoppers can collect. Needs a big van though, yet worth an inter-state
journey...

You can go to the Boeing surplus store here in Kent and get computers cheaper than that (have to install your own Linux).

They recycle old desktops here and sell them for a song (along with a
carnival of computer and scientific hardware).

Again, I'm puzzled that every Mom and Pop computer store isn't offering
pre-installed Linux as an option on new machies.   Imagine the value added
of being able to give people a free office suite...it seems like the thing
that could make them a better buy than something from a bigger vendor.

JB: I am. Got a phone number for this here surplus store?