Re: [News] IBM Will Unveil Lotus Notes for Linux Later Today

__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Monday 10 July 2006 06:45 \__

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 05:59:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> (With ODF support, of course)
>
> Why would notes support ODF?  It's not a word processor, or a spreadsheet,
> or a presentation graphics program.  What does "support ODF" mean in this
> context?  Or do you simply mean that you can store ODF documents in Notes?
> Duh, you can store anything in Notes.

You are only flaunting your ignorance here.

> Hmm.. upon further research, it appears that IBM is rolling their office
> suite into Notes.  Ok, that makes more sense, not really, though... Notes
> is a client/server mail and document management system, why roll an office
> suite into it?

Why put a Web browser on top of a file manager?

> If anything, they should be rolling Notes into an office suite, not the
> other way around.  That's just how bass akwards IBM is.  "Hey, buy our
> servers, oh and you get this other stuff with it as well.  We might even
> tell you about it before we make the sale, if you're lucky".

Sounds very much like the company that you so stubbornly defend.

Disappointed as usual,

Roy

PS - Here is my gift to you for being such a dickhead (or a sleazy, lying
troll) a month ago. Wait until the next cycle of Google Images (these occur
roughly 3 times a year)

http://www.schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/erik-funkenbusch.jpg