Re: [News] Anti-virus Softare No Longer Defeats Much Malware

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1736410.6HOmEFsBd5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

,----[ Quote ] | A Russian spam king claims to have the BlueFrog 'Do Not Intrude | Registry,' and will publish it on the Internet. BlueFrog spams the | spammer by sending do not intrude messages for you for every spam | received. Blue Security's chief executive Eran Reshef claims that | their registry is encrypted, and that it is an empty threat. `----

http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/187002643;jsessionid=K0WEHMOEA4G20QSNDBCSKHSCJUMEKJVN

This is pretty interesting, but this part of the article made me confused:

<quote>
"The Registry is encrypted," Reshef said. "He's using scare tactics and outright lies to further his agenda. Our members are not in any jeopardy of 'exposure' since the spammers already have their addresses. That is why they joined the Blue Community, to stop spam at its source."
</quote>

If the spammers already have the address, what's the point of encrypting them?

I also found this amusing: The article contains "The Blue Security Web site, where users can sign up with the Registry and download BlueFrog," where "download" is a link. I clicked on it thinking I'd be taken to a page where I can download the client, only instead to be taken to a page which defines the term "download". Who, in 2006, would be surfing the Internet, checking out a site called "techweb.com" and not know what "download" means?

- Oliver