Re: Malasia to beat MA to it?

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 19 July 2006 21:21 \__

> It would appear that Malasia might beat the MA deadline for ODF
> implementation - by the end of this year rather than Jan 2007
>
> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2006/07/odf_proposed_to.html

I noticed that a lot of sites were raving about that early in the morning. It
appears as though Malaysia is going towards a full migration to Open Source
(not just ODF). From June and July this year:

Open Source Opens Doors

,----[ Quote ]
| Malaysia's CIOs are into open source software, and many see it as a way
| of cutting costs and upping choice.
`----

http://cio-asia.com/ShowPage.aspx?pagetype=2&articleid=3975&pubid=5&issueid=96

The State of Linux: Malaysia's Strong OSS Growth

,----[ Quote ]

`----

                        http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/linuxmalaysia.shtml