[News] Free Design Suite from Xilinx is Linux-friendly

Xilinx Releases ISE WebPACK 8.2i - Free Design Suite

,----[ Quote ]
| ISE WebPACK 8.2i also includes ISE Simulator Lite on Linux providing
| Xilinx users with a free HDL simulator. By providing support for Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4, Xilinx has combined the low-cost benefits
| of the ISE design environment with the fastest-growing EDA design
| platform. Linux is recognized as a stable, low-cost, high-performance
| alternative to other higher cost development environments and allows
| designers to maximize corporate resources. Xilinx now augments the
| industry's lowest-cost and lowest-power FPGA and CPLD solutions with
| the most extensive front-to-back Linux support of any major PLD vendor.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20060717100312167

PS - sorry about the two [Mews] tags beforehand. My small screen fonts make
it almost impossible to spot this common typo.