Re: [News] Linspire: Consumer-Friendly Windows Alternative

__/ [ Scott W ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 23:18 \__

> Roy Schestowitz said:
>> Consumer-Friendly Linux Distro Found in Linspire Five-O
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If you want a rock-stable operating system that is highly unlikely
>> | ever to become a victim of viruses or other malicious applications,
>> | Linspire Five-O Linux is an attractive alternative to Windows. Linspire
>> | is also worth considering if you think you may want to dig deeper into
>> | Linux and start writing your own software.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/51705.html
>
> HERESY!!

Well,  better than just having Lindows and nothing which  is
open.  Call  it  progress.  Yesterday I  noticed  that  SUSE
(Opensuse  as it's known now) 10.2 looks almost identical to
SLED  10. In fact, apart from some proprietary fragments (if
any),  I  believe it will deliver all the same  things,  for
free.  Ubuntu  users  can  already download  all  the  GNOME
improvements   contributed   by   Novell.  It's   a   simple
installation from the repositories.

Best wishes,