Re: Wow, KDE is way too much

  • Subject: Re: Wow, KDE is way too much
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:09:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Ruel Smith ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 17:54 \__

> Roy Schestowitz spewed this vial garbage:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I bet the OP will not get very far making an argument in the professional
>> world. "It's ugly and geeky" doesn't quite make a case.
>
> What has that got to do with anything? If he's a casual computer user and
> isn't so eloquent what does that matter? He still has an opinion and it
> counts. It doesn't matter if everyone else agrees or not. This was a rather
> rude, elitist, and pathetic attempt at discounting his opinion...

I  appreciate  your view on this, Ruel, but please also  see
Brad's reply, followed by that of William. The headers could
indicate  that  the  poster seeks to stir something  up  and
upset  participants  of  this  group. In  two  messages,  he
composed  nothing more than half a dozen lines (IIRC).  This
case of laziness or reluctance to give more details leads to
unproductive  discussions. It still looks like flamebait  to
me. A classic one, too.

> You know, some of you really come down hard on Flatfish, Tab, and others,
> but I think they have a case about how just arrogant and blind some of you
> are.

Sadly,  some  of the Linux advocates in this group  (I  will
refrain  from naming names) have fallen victim to the trolls
who  poisoned them against Rex. Some of the vile things that
Gary  Stewart  (yes, that flat fish from the  Hamptons)  has
done  to  more enthusiastic advocates is  inexcusable.  It's
rather  disgusting  as a matter of fact. On a less  personal
and behavioural level, his critique of GNU/Linux is baseless
as,  in  his  words, his software-side experience  stops  at
"Hello World".

I  will take this opportunity to further defend Rex. Some of
the   correspondences   on  his  site  come  to  prove   his
involvement     in     real    influential     debates     <
http://www.open4success.org/Olnews/  >. Unfortunately,  many
choose  to take the easy(ier) route and discard,  discredit,
and  even ridicule him. You only play in the hands of  those
who seek to do nothing but destroy this community (yes, it's
more  of  a community NG as non-community NG's  soon  become
dormant).

Here's  something that I have just come up in a quick Google
for  "rex  ballard".  If his opinion was decent  enough  for
InformationWeek to present, then it's good enough for me.

http://www.informationweek.com/833/opensource.htm

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 158 total,   2 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,  17 zombie