Re: Ubuntu installed in 24 minutes

__/ [ casioculture@xxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 15 July 2006 23:36 \__

> Ubuntu installed on my system in 24 minutes from booting up the CD,
> this includes formatting some partitions in manual partitioning mode,
> and also includes a manual setting up of the network that wasn't
> detected by the installer. Started at 10:44 and at 11:08 I was online.
> It's now updating. I like this OS a lot. I like it much more than
> Windows or OS X.

When you say "manual setting of the network", are you referring to specifying
network addresses, which could not be detected by addressing the DHCP
server? If that's the case, it's unlikely that other operating systems would
do any better. Your MAC address often needs to be registered with the ISP.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
Tasks: 169 total,   1 running, 150 sleeping,   0 stopped,  18 zombie