Re: Sorting out Microsoft, the American way

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 14 July 2006 17:14 \__

> Quote:
> --------------
>  There's chutzpah, there's jaw-dropping rank disrespect, and then
> there's Microsoft. Now that Europe is out of patience and extracting
> real money, we're just getting more excuses. Microsoft says the EU
> wasn't clear about what it wanted at first, but that now the company
> knows it has 300 people working around the clock to deliver it, so we
> should just leave 'em alone, right?
>
> None of this rings true. The basis for the antitrust case is that
> Microsoft is withholding necessary information from people who want to
> write software that interoperates with its servers. There's nothing
> obscure there. No room for ambiguity.
> End quote
>
> http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/other/0,39020682,39278588,00.htm

I quite liked the following quote:

"So what is Microsoft hiding? Trade secrets be damned: the only thing it
needs to hide from the world is why it makes such a mess of things such as
WinFS. And is a sense of shame enough to explain why the company would
rather pay huge fines than just publish the interface and move on?"