Re: [News] Analysis of the EU Ruling

begin  oe_protect.scr
> EC vs. MS: IT depts find a champ in Europe
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The European Commission has scored the most meaningful victory in 15 years
>| of litigation against Microsoft on both sides of the Atlantic.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| "I find it difficult to imagine that a company like Microsoft does not
>| understand the principles of how to document protocols in order to
>| achieve interoperability," an exasperated Neelie Kroes, the EC
>| competition minister, said today.
> `----
>
>         http://www.theregister.com/2006/07/12/microsoft_ec_fine_analysis/

I'm not sure that they don't know how to, I think they might not be able
to, though.  The smart thing would just be to release some GPLed or even
BSD licensed source-code which works, then everyone'd be happy.

Having been involved in standardisation of protocols, I know that it's
incredibly difficult to write them in English and have them work (ie.,
interoperate, which is the EC's requirement).

Killing turkeys causes winter.