Re: [News] More Details on the Linux Migration of Kent Police

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 23:14 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Kent Police in switch to Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Andy Barker, head of IT at Kent Police, says the architecture has allowed
>>| the force to double its infrastructure to more than 4,000 desktops in the
>>| past two years without expanding support.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.vnunet.com/computing/news/2160217/kent-police-switch-linux
>
> Good to see my local taxpayer's cash being spent twice as carefully as
> before!  Hey guys - I'm getting more police for my money, and I didnt'
> have to do /anything!/

The other day I read about the fact that some terrorists use Open Source
because they cannot trust products from American companies. The goddamn
terrorists (not that I would endorse any of their filthy acts, let alone
existence their in our world) realise that the degree of spying they are
exposed to is high. Reminds me of:

Either way, no police department, let alone state (or State) agency and
defence minitry, should use Windows. I know that Blair is all cocky around
Bill Gates, but it is no valid excuse on a national level. He is also
somewhat of a friend of George Bush, so...

Speaking of security issues in government:

        http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/07/233257

Back doors, right? See BBC article again.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
Cpu(s):  20.1% user,   3.5% system,  14.4% nice,  62.0% idle