Re: [News] Linux Sets Transactions Record, Beats Microsoft Too

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:21:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Sybase And IBM Set Transaction Processing Record For Linux
>
>,----[ Snippets ]
>| Sybase,  provider of enterprise infrastructure and mobile software, and IBM
>| announced that IBM System p5 520 and Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise
>| (ASE) for Linux set a new transaction processing performance record for
>| 2-core systems by delivering 81,439 transactions per minute (tpmC) on the
>| leading TPC-C benchmark...
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| This new record beats the previous 2-core HP/Itanium2 and Oracle 10g
>| performance record for Linux by 58 percent. It also beats the previous
>| 2-core HP/Opteron and Microsoft SQL Server performance record and is less
>| expensive by 23 percent.
>`----
>
>                        http://in.sys-con.com/read/246319.htm

At $2.99 per tmpC thanks, but no thanks, you can keep your
horrendously expensive solution! I prefer to choose among one of the
top 10 in the price/performance ratio, litterally owned by Windows
Server and starting at .98 per tpmC