Re: Gates flags another slip in Vista release

  • Subject: Re: Gates flags another slip in Vista release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:14:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:09 \__

> On 2006-07-12, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> posted something concerning:
>> Quote:
>> ------------
>> In a strong indication that Microsoft's long awaited operating system
>> Vista may be delayed beyond its January release date, Microsoft founder
>> Bill Gates has said publicly that there is an 80% chance it will ready
>> for release on time....
>>
>> Vista, which has been five years in the making, has been delayed so
>> many times that the long suffering public, not to mention developers
>> and suppliers are becoming numbed by the constant push back of the
>> release date.
>> --------
>> End quote
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4932/53/
>
> Sorry, but their brains were number long before the regular delays of
> SP3. Nothing else can explain the observed behavior of accepting
> horseshit while at the same time accepting the marketing points about
> the wonderful fragrance.

Call it analytical, but when someone makes a statement as such it serves as
an "I told you so" waiver -- one that you can use as an excuse later on.
Moreover, notice the fact that a date is not mentioned for that 20%
remainder. It would therefore be fair to release Vista in May 2007. Rex said
it would be August, in line with previous releases. We shall find out next
year. *Maybe*.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
Swap:  1036184k total,   692308k used,   343876k free,    81152k cached