Re: [News] Microsoft SQL Server Does Not Interoperate

flatfish+++ explained :
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:45:25 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:59:53 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

MS SQL: Plays Badly With Others

,----[ Quote ]
My company's website is in the midst of a transition; my predecessor,
rather stupidly, decided that the company was going to go withM
icrosoft technologies and this has to be rectified as quickly as
possible.
`----

http://www.linuxextremist.com/?p=69

Uhh.. is it just me? Or does this guy not give any *ACTUAL* information?

He claims MS SQL doesn't play well with others, but his only description of
a problem is that an XML query takes too long.  It's vague, and doesn't
really say anything.  Other than that he's angry, for some vague reason he
can't seem to say.

The name of the website might be a small clue :)

Actually, it reads more like its a problem with whatever "Open Source technologies" are now being used.

"The server is a well specified box, and should be able to handle the queries just as easily as it did when it was hosting the entire site. It canât."

So, it worked fine when doing everything, but now can't cope as the "Open Source technologies" are sending additional queries.

Hmmm...

--
Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs...