Re: Five Reasons Linux Beats Windows

__/ [ Ash ] on Sunday 30 July 2006 02:30 \__

> I'll bite ...
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ,----[ Gist ]
>> |    1. It's FREE

> Windows can be 'free'. Besides, blank CD-R's cost money!

And a piece of paper to write down activation code (joke!); and time spent
bringing the system up to scratch, software-wise.

>> |    2. It's Secure

> So can windows, with $150/year worth of antimalware software

Windows even phones Redmond to get the latest and the greatest.

>> |    3. It is Open Source

> Open Source is the plague of technology! Run!

Office and Windows contain some Open Source too. But once nicked in stealth
it was clogged and concealed in binary form.

>> |    4. It is easy to install programs

> Easy on windows, too, I'll admit ... untill the registry becomes
> clogged. Oops! Did I say that outloud?!?

Not to mention DLLL (hell).

>> |    5. It has a lot of different distributions

> So does Windows, I guess. Mobile, Home, Pro, Media Centre, uhh ...

Same pig, same lipstick.