Re: Ubuntu Linux Gets Prettier

  • Subject: Re: Ubuntu Linux Gets Prettier
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:56:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:44:09 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 04:10:52 -0700, David Cristinacce wrote:
>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Have a peek at the latest artwork.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/EdgyProposals/Summary_18JULY2006
>>>
>>> And there remain the infinite possibilities from gnome-look.org (or even
>>> kde-look.org)
>>
>> Prettier. That is all that can be said about Ubuntu. Just keep putting
>> more and more lipstick on the slopware pig and lintards will drool
>> about how much prettier it is.
>
> Just about ANY distribution can be made to look nice, with enough work.
> However, first impressions are important, especially to new users.
> The ones that impress me, and I suspect most people, are the ones where
> the default scheme is bright, clear and generally nice looking.

Yes, Ubuntu is bright, clear and very good-looking.

> PCLinuxOS is like that, Suse 10.x is like that, Mepis is like that.
>
> Ubuntu IMHO is NOT like that.

Yes, it's *your* opinion.

> What's with all the brown?

It makes a change from blue, which I sometimes get tired of. It's all
about humanistic earthtones, that sort of thing. I find it rather pleasant.

> Brown is a horrid color.

Not really. Some find it soothing. Anyway, most of it is orange.

> It's a depressing color.

To you, maybe. Others think differently. That's what you seem incapable of
understanding. Just because *you* don't like something, that doesn't make
it crap.

--
Kier